Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hello Everyone!

I am starting a blog to continue "Jan's World" in a more public setting. Folks who have received my many potluck and events emails, know all about Jan's World. Now, anyone who happens across this blog and reads it, will become aware of it as well. Whether or not that will be a good or a bad thing, I will leave to the future.

Because I frequently forget many aspects of Jan's World, myownself, perhaps this blog will remind me of all of the blessings in my life when I can't bring them to mind in my very own head.

A new part of Jan's World is experimenting with new-to-me art techniques, since I don't know how to do much more than draw. I will be practicing my drawing, as well, since I have forgotten how easily I drew as a child and teenager. It seemed to just come to me, out of nowhere. I don't know where that channel is, anymore, but I hope to find it again.

I am interested in learning and "doing" mixed media art, art quilts, stamping, hand stitching and whatever else I come across as I peruse the many wonderful art blogs on the net! I will be using this blog to document my journey into this exciting but somewhat scary world of art.

This blog will continue the personal aspects of "Jan's World," including posts about my life, my friends and my family. I will also write about the random thoughts that pop into my head, as long as I find them interesting or amusing!

Welcome to Jan's World, family, friends and anyone else out there who happen across my blog!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh for Gawd's sake! It appears I can delete the contents of the practice comment I made, above, but I can't actually delete the fact that I wrote it at all. Nobody missed anything interesting; I didn't swear at myself or say anything inappropriate. I merely wanted to see how the comment section worked. Ah well... this blog is all about learning how to blog, as well as everything else I said in my first post.

    Now, it's time to quit, because a friend is visiting, The Lonesome Heroes are performing at my favorite tavern and it's summertime! What am I doing in front of this computer, anyhow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know very little about blogging as far as setup and format and rules go---so here is your lil sis--commenting and glad you're doing this!! b

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting Jan!! I am sure you can delete yourself :)) If you view your comments, click on the basket and it asks you if you want to remove it permanently. I think! I use the Blogger Help quite often! LOL
    I think you need some journals to do your drawings in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan

    Lovely background to your blog
    Thank you so much for visiting me.
    I'm at the same stage as you. M<y blog'd only been going a little while and it's all a big learning curve!

    Look forward to seeing some pics of your journal when you're ready!
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jan, I wanted to answer by email but it did not connect. Anyway, I get all my ribbon locally, we have the best shop in the world I believe here in Honolulu.
    Filled to the brim with glorious ribbons and trims and beads and silk ribbon and lace and vintage and more. They do not have a web. site, let me know if you want me to pick an assortment for you , be glad to if you told me details.
    They are Japanese and Thai and Hawaiian, and gather from all over.
    aloha Lilla

    ReplyDelete